THE LOGISTICS OF LIVING IN STERLING
- The Village provides water, sewer and sanitation services.
- Before a service connection is made you must fill out this application.
- Water Connection Fee - $150.00 (for rentals onlys)
- Water Rate - Click Here
- Sewer Rate - $15.00
- Sanitation and Recycle Rate for Residential use only - $23.00 Recycle bins are located behind Scotts. Recycle rules are located on the dumpster. *Holiday pick-up for garbage includes Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. There is no pickup on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years Day. Trash needs to be on the curb by 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday's or it may not be picked up.
- For Cable television and Internet service customers should call Zito Media 800-365-6988 or visit their site here
- For telephone and Internet service customers should call Windstream 800-347-1991 or visit their site here.
- For natural gas customers should call Black Hills Energy 888-890-5554 or visit their site here.
- For Electricity customers should call NPPD 1-877-275-6773 or visit their site here.
EMERGENCY RENTAL AND UTILITY ASSISTANCE
The Emergency Rental Assistance program provides funds to assist Nebraska low-income households who are struggling to pay rent and utilities because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Download the below flyer for more information.
LOW INCOME HOUSEHOLD WATER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The Low Income Household Water Assistance Program helps low-income households by providing financial assistance to water utility providers for eligible households whose water utility services are disconnected or past due.